With continued searching we’ve come across an RV that just may be a perfect fit to our family! This RV is made by Glendale. It’s their 36E41tbr model. There are several reasons we really like it. And to boot, when we saw it, we said, this is it! This is the ‘right’ one. (Almost sounds like we are dating!)
But to be serious, here’s what we liked about what we saw:
- Bunkbeds – We have three kids and the eldest is a teenager and the only boy. So I felt that he needed just a bit of privacy from his younger simblings. This unit has two rooms (albeit small, but still rooms), with two bunks in each one.
- Excellent use of space – Everything is well thought out. For example, the table, which is a standard type with standard seats, has an easy extension that can be pulled out allowing all of us to sit at the table together. And to boot, the seats have seat pads that lift up and you can store a small amount of bits and pieces in each. Very neat idea.
- Counter space – my wife loves the extra counter space available inside this RV. It’s a bit more then most and a little less then the high end units. Very adequate though.
- One bunk on the passenger side, folds up permitting you to use this space as extra storage space accessible from the outside. I would definitely use this space as I only need 3 bunks for 3 kids.
- The bunk rooms have their own toilet and sink! This will definitely add to the privacy that we have at night! Say no more.
- The front design of the RV is unique. The RV is technically only 36 feet beyond the king pin but also extends an extra 5 feet forward of the kingpin. Glendale provides this space by way of extending and lipping the front over the cab of the truck. This is a double bonus. First, the master bedroom is actually big and laid out nicely and second, if you add on a wind scoop to the truck’s roof, you can definitely improve your gas mileage, because of the areodynamics from the scoop to the RV.
Unfortunately, there was only one drawback, in my mind, price. This RV is not cheap by any stretch of the imagination. But in terms of what we’ve seen it’s definitely the forerunner to all other models. I did make mention of a Jayco we looked at, but I do prefer this unit.
So we are on the hunt for one of these units. It looks like we will probably be purchasing this unit used from the USA, so we are looking for leads. If you’ve had any experiences with the 36E41TBR I’d really like to hear them.